Sometimes you come across a quote, a line, a statement that just nails it, at some level. Cosmic, comic, whatever.
If you'd like to share it, post it here, duly credited!
The future comes quickly. Before you know it, you turn around and it's tomorrow.
I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass
grows through a crack in the concrete.
It's so fucking heroic.
- George Carlin
This is a list of axioms that Jefferson offered to a few friends late in his life. There is a lot of wisdom in them...
1. never put off to tomorrow what you can do to-day.
2. never trouble another with what you can do yourself
3. never spend your money before you have it
4. never buy a thing you do not want, because it is cheap, it will be dear to you.
5. take care of your cents: Dollars will take care of themselves!
6. pride costs us more than hunger, thirst and cold.
7. we never repent of having eat[en] too little.
8. nothing is troublesome that one does willingly.
9. how much pain have cost us the evils which have never happen d!
10. take things always by their smooth handle.
11. think as you please, & so let others, & you will have no disputes.
12. when angry, count 10. before you speak; if very angry, 100.
There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread,
but there are many more dying for a little love.
- Mother Teresa
"Silence is such an interesting thing that we can talk about it for hours."
"Don't talk unless you can improve the silence."
- Jorge Luis Borges
Clarity is fleeting. Enjoy it while you can.
- Frapar Metamucil
I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks -Winston Churchill
Americans learn only from catastrophe, not from experience.
"Crimes of passion" - that phrase drives me crazy.
A man murdering his girlfriend is not a crime of passion.
Premature ejaculation, that's a crime of passion.