Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Helena Buckett
    Default Avatar
    Yeah, looks like the free shipping is the only benefit...
    ...of buying into the subscription. That bonus disc won't have much in the way of packaging, history tells me, and good sounding copies of the complete show are pretty available from what I've been told. My copy should be arriving from a friend in a few days - he was surprised that TPTB would use that show to cherry-pick a bonus disc with, said it was good enough for a complete release. There is a shortage of "official" late 80's Dead releases though, happy to see this release...wish there would've been enough quality Dylan/Dead stuff to make a box set.
  • pomo1
    Happy I didn't get suckered into ordering the subscription by the cheap marketing ploy of withholding music unless you blindly purchase four RTs in advance while they earn interest on your purchase. Kind of reminds of the NFL. Anyway, I would not have purchased the 1988 Meadowlands show. Nothing against those heads that like that era, but it is just not my cup of tea. Plus, I already have a very nice copy of the Cleveland 73 show which apparently will be the bonus. If you don't already have that show, it features a 40-plus minute Dark Star! "The sky was yellow and the sun was blue."
  • Anonymous (not verified)
    Default Avatar
    As mentioned above, what a great release for 4.2 - 1988! I'm completely happy with this release, and certainly 1988. Brings me to my point, the email for RT suscrip gives away ( I think ) that the May'11 RT 4.3 will be from Fall '73...this probably will keep from buying the full year subscription. My reason I decided a few weeks ago of course has to do with the time periods. I just feel like they have covered way too many Dicks Picks & ROAD TRIPS (already) from the '60-'70s. I love the 1979 releases we got from RT, but they have just not put out enough 1980s-early '90s with either series. I am "Brent era" music lover, and i'm hoping for more 1980's in particular... I know Jerry had issues for alot of these years, BUT COME ON?!?!?! Where are more releases from '81-85?!??! GREAT YEARS. Would also like a RT this year from 1991 with Hornsby in his prime( some great Jack Straws)...Anyway sorry to ramble, I am very happy with 4.2- 1988!!!
  • Helena Buckett
    Default Avatar
    That's the one that's on Postcards of the Hanging. Nice to see pricing on the individual RT release hasn't gone up. If I email Customer Service does anybody think they'll be able to answer my question about how changes of address will be handled for a change six months into the subscription? happy new year, btw ;)
  • zepthompson
    when you click on 'Add To Cart'it takes you there you can edit in that screen as needed
  • arlauckas1
    Default Avatar
    Where's the "My Cart" button???
  • cbaylies
    ... my subscription is in! Anyone going to the Boston shows in March?
  • DeadHead85
    Well we now have details on 4.2, and I am all for 1988. Definately an under represented year and this makes me excited about purchasing my subscription in the next week. I noticed in the email I recieved today for the new road trips that they had included the date for the performances to be included on the bonus disc. 12.6.1973. I take this as the next release will be some fall '73 and though well represented with a official releases I dont think I have enough fall '73 till I have it all. Bring on the subscription, Im in.
  • Anonymous (not verified)
    Default Avatar
    You should get a dfree NYE ticket! (from his post) Goddamn, well I declare! Have you seen the like?! The vault is filled with lawyers' balls, their motto is, "Don't Publish Me!"
  • The Weve
    Howdy all.Mine was billed when I placed the order.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

That segue from Half Step into Dire Wolf on 11/20 is so unbelievably subtle and perfect. And then there's the rest of the show!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

on either 11/20 or 11/21 : - (
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

maybe on the bonus disk from 12/6?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

"They" can´t release a 3-CD-set "Denver 73" without the unique sequence from 11/21 "Half Step>Playin>El Paso>Playin>Wharf Rat>Playin>Morning Dew" followed by "Truckin>Nobody´s Fault". Can they? Sure they can.p.s.: Hi Helena, just love your comments!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I see RT 4.3 has now been announced. Anyone know, is this the one that will come with a bonus disc for early subscribers? I am psyched about his one - it will get a lot of play from me. Loud!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

...we get the big Dark Star>Eyes, but the disc is still chopped up segments of the concert. Sigh. I mean, it's all good, but why not just fill the disc up with the Dark Star>Eyes>Stella>Sugar Mag? I've heard a traders' tape and it sounds just fine. It's not like there's not a bazillion China>Riders out there LOL. Sorry, hasn't been enough bitching going on lately ;^D
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

...Here. ...Lovely. ...78 min. 9 sec. of bliss. XO
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 5 months

I'm a college student taking a music history class, and I have to write a paper on a band and how it has impacted the culture of America. I chose the Grateful Dead because I know that the band played a pivotal role in changing the way people reacted to music. I would love to chat with someone on their thoughts about this topic...