Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • JackstrawfromC…
    In order to put down money for 4 RT's. In general I am only interested in complete shows. I would imagine that they won't be able to give out specific info like that so in that case I'll have to pass on the subscription. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • allman
    Default Avatar
    At least there is 2 months to make a decision. I feel this is very reasonable. This gives plenty of time to get questions answered and to get the bugs worked out of the ordering process. Has there been any issues with ordering domestically?Another question, when will the credit card be charged the full amount? When the order is placed or when February's Road Trips ships? If I remember correctly, my card has not been charged until the order ships.
  • cosmicbadger
    I agree that an indication of the dates would be a fair exchange for having our money up front.
  • wilfredtjones
    I'm pretty sure NONE of the RT selections for the subscription have yet been published. The Big Rock Pow Wow will NOT be the first item to be included in the subscription. That was RT 4.1, and the first selection in the subscription will be RT 4.2.PTB - PLEASE TELL US THE DATES (even in generalities is ok with me : like the first will be from '76, the second from '84, the third will be from '67, etc.) Thanks...
  • pomo1
    I over-reacted, but I still don't like the ploy of inducing me to purchase a blind item in order to get "previously unreleased music." I think the incentive of waiving shipping fees is a nice and sufficient inducement for a subscription. Don't withhold music. Of course, I could probably get it elsewhere. That's not the point. I would rather support Rhino, but I do not like being taken advantage of. "That path is for, your steps alone."
  • L. Mo.
    ...is the Big Rock Pow Wow that's been up for a while. At least we know 1/4 of the shows to be issued. But for those of us who have chosen NOT to buy this release, it becomes a $25 payment for the bonus disc and "free" shipping to have the subscription. Not worth it, imo. And what if the other three releases are 88, 93 and 94?
  • Canyon Critter
    I will be watching and participating in this topic, seeing how this is a new idea. I think it should be discussed amongst the fans....thanks Marye!♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥
  • wilfredtjones
    It's nice the updates to the subscriptions page...will they publish also the dates once they have that finalized? I'm pretty sure the prevailing opinion is that we'd like to know the dates BEFORE slapping our money down...
  • 3Phase
    You know, I was thinking (dangerous, I know!) about buying a Road Trips subscription, then I decided to just relax, mellow out and just listen to the 02/11/70 Uncle John's Band from the 30 Days contest. The lyrics sounded different this time from what I remembered so I wrote 'em down the way I heard 'em. :) Well, the first sales are the hardest sales, don't you worry anymore. But when life looks like Easy Street there is danger at your door. Think this through with me, let me know your mind. Wo-oah, what I want to kno-ow, is are you kind? It's a Buck Chaser's Choice, my friend, better take my advice. You've got all the tapes so now -- sort the fire from the ice! Will you come with me? Won't you come with me? Wo-oah, what I want to kno-ow, "Where'd pitch control go?!" Goddamn, well I declare! Have you seen the like?! The vault is filled with lawyers' balls, their motto is, "Don't Publish Me!" Come hear Uncle John's Band, by the riverside. Come with me or go alone, don't want to take subscriptions home. It's a lame story the CEO told me, it's the only one he know. With the chopped up sets he come, thinkin' with my cheque he go. "Order now, don't wait!" "Bonus Disk? Too late!" Wo-oah, Europe wants to kno-ow, "How much is ship-ping?!" You live in the silver mine that was called "The Beggars' Tomb." You bought all the violins, thinking, "I got all the tunes!" Everybody's choice! You don't hear our voice! Wo-oah what I want to kno-ow, "Where'd the great shows go?" Come see Uncle John's Band, by the riverside. Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide. Come see Uncle John's Band, playing to the tide! Come on along or go alone, I'd love to take some movies home! Who-oah, all I want to kno-ow, "Where did the songs go?" Come hear Uncle John's Band, by the riverside. Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide. Come hear! Uncle John's Band! Playing to the tide! Come on along or go alone, I'd love to take some music home! Scott
  • marye
    yes, we're aware of this and working on the problem.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

That segue from Half Step into Dire Wolf on 11/20 is so unbelievably subtle and perfect. And then there's the rest of the show!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

on either 11/20 or 11/21 : - (
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

maybe on the bonus disk from 12/6?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

"They" can´t release a 3-CD-set "Denver 73" without the unique sequence from 11/21 "Half Step>Playin>El Paso>Playin>Wharf Rat>Playin>Morning Dew" followed by "Truckin>Nobody´s Fault". Can they? Sure they can.p.s.: Hi Helena, just love your comments!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I see RT 4.3 has now been announced. Anyone know, is this the one that will come with a bonus disc for early subscribers? I am psyched about his one - it will get a lot of play from me. Loud!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

...we get the big Dark Star>Eyes, but the disc is still chopped up segments of the concert. Sigh. I mean, it's all good, but why not just fill the disc up with the Dark Star>Eyes>Stella>Sugar Mag? I've heard a traders' tape and it sounds just fine. It's not like there's not a bazillion China>Riders out there LOL. Sorry, hasn't been enough bitching going on lately ;^D
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

...Here. ...Lovely. ...78 min. 9 sec. of bliss. XO
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 5 months

I'm a college student taking a music history class, and I have to write a paper on a band and how it has impacted the culture of America. I chose the Grateful Dead because I know that the band played a pivotal role in changing the way people reacted to music. I would love to chat with someone on their thoughts about this topic...