Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • cbs73
    Is the RT sub billed when you submit the order, or is it billed when the first RT ships? I'm waiting until the last week of January before I submit my order for this since I figure it is billed immediately.
  • Helena Buckett
    Default Avatar
    I have a question about the Road Trips subscription...
    Hey, How would a change of address be handled, should it occur several months into the subscription period? Thnx
  • Bach 2 Bach
    Default Avatar
    I for one, like this idea of a Road Trips subscription. It's kinda like a "Dead Show of the Every-Couple-of-Months Club". As cousin Eddie would say, "It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark."
  • cosmicbadger
    Well it seems that they are not going to relent on the shipping charges, but there is some good news. If you order the international version of the RT Subscription, you will find that anything else you order at the same time comes with free shipping! Yes I know it means spending more to save what you should not have had to pay, but if you do have any other wishes from the store and have the money, it is worth bundling them with the Subscription Now Rhino, about that 10% commission..really...
  • cosmicbadger
    Well now us international buyers have the option to take advantage of the subscription offer. US buyers get free postage and the rest of us still have to pay full shipping of $12.00 per Road Trips without even a discount (in fact an increase of 1 cent) Well I suppose we should be grateful..it's better than $180.00. But now we know that we are still second class customers. Thanks a bunch.
  • wilfredtjones
    "We're just putting the finishing touches on the next couple of Road Trips, and all we can tell you at this point is that they'll both be complete shows (with plenty of additional material to round out the 3-CD format!)." (from the Road Trips subscription announcement 3rd paragraph) The 'all we can tell you at this point' part gives me some hope that they will be giving us some more info. on show dates eventually, if not soon. I am holding off on ordering for now in hopes to that we'll see some show date announcements before Jan.
  • SPACEBROTHER
    Hopefully the next few RT's will contain shows from 1988, 1984 and/or 1986. a few suggestions '84 - 7/1 Pine Knob, 7/13 Greek '86 - Alpine Valley '88 - Alpine Valley, Oxford, Laguna seca, I say Pine Knob '84 for a few reasons, not only my first show, but listening to this on Archive.org and it was a ripping show from start to finish. The jam out of He's Gone is particularly tastey
  • phantomengineer
    Default Avatar
    ... on the postage charges to the UK being sorted out before I make my order, looking at what it's telling me I'm going to be charged at the moment!!!!
  • Gr8fulTed
    I like to read the menu, first, before ordering
    I usually order the entree after perusing the menu. Knowing what concert date(s) will be released in the RT package will have a direct impact on my willingness to participate in the offer. Thanks to Rhino and dead.net for listening and, most importantly, making these recordings available.
  • gratefaldean
    We're trying to figure out exactly what we're buying and how the process works. As I've mentioned elsewhere, and a previous poster here, we've got a couple of months to figure this thing out. Personally, I'm just looking for a terms and conditions statement to help me with my decision. Since I have bought the entire series so far, the subscription idea is attractive. I just have to decide whether the subscription format is worth it for me to have my money in Rhino's bank account in January waiting on a November release, or in mine to be spent when the November volume is actually issued.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

That segue from Half Step into Dire Wolf on 11/20 is so unbelievably subtle and perfect. And then there's the rest of the show!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

on either 11/20 or 11/21 : - (
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

maybe on the bonus disk from 12/6?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

"They" can´t release a 3-CD-set "Denver 73" without the unique sequence from 11/21 "Half Step>Playin>El Paso>Playin>Wharf Rat>Playin>Morning Dew" followed by "Truckin>Nobody´s Fault". Can they? Sure they can.p.s.: Hi Helena, just love your comments!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I see RT 4.3 has now been announced. Anyone know, is this the one that will come with a bonus disc for early subscribers? I am psyched about his one - it will get a lot of play from me. Loud!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

...we get the big Dark Star>Eyes, but the disc is still chopped up segments of the concert. Sigh. I mean, it's all good, but why not just fill the disc up with the Dark Star>Eyes>Stella>Sugar Mag? I've heard a traders' tape and it sounds just fine. It's not like there's not a bazillion China>Riders out there LOL. Sorry, hasn't been enough bitching going on lately ;^D
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

...Here. ...Lovely. ...78 min. 9 sec. of bliss. XO
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 5 months

I'm a college student taking a music history class, and I have to write a paper on a band and how it has impacted the culture of America. I chose the Grateful Dead because I know that the band played a pivotal role in changing the way people reacted to music. I would love to chat with someone on their thoughts about this topic...