Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • allman
    Default Avatar
    Sorry if I offended anyone. Just speaking in generalities. When the music’s over, turn out the lights
  • JackstrawfromC…
    Is not complaining, it's called making a choice. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • allman
    Default Avatar
    Roughly $7.31 per disc and people are complaining. Go figure. But then again, people were complaining about selections on the 30 days of free music. I repeat, complaining about free music. It goes to show, even if the Road Trips were given away free, there would still be complaining.
  • gratefaldean
    Knowing what I'm going to get. I subscribe to magazines, who knows what to expect? But...one difference there generally is with magazine or newspaper subscriptions, you are buying at a significant discount compared to buying issue-by-issue -- so I'm not concerned about paying in full upfront for the "unknown" (this despite having a couple of magazines go belly-up in recent years in the middle of my subscription). Absent that deep discount, I'm more likely to bite on this one if I know that I'm going to be charged as the volumes are shipped, rather than everything upfront. Since the subscription comes with a no-refund caveat, it's not like I can decide to pull out at some point. Think of it as cell phone contract where you still pay monthly instead of a prepaid "subscription." Am I making sense?
  • Oddleif
    Default Avatar
    That the guys and Gals at Dead.net can fix that postage issue with RTR subscriptions for us overseas peeps ASAP. Kinda wanna give my best friend a real Yuletide gift, but..well, heck..it`ll probably be sorted out on Jan. 30th 2011...;-) I really think that this subscription thingy is a GREAT idea, just get those gremlins fixed, please. Peace and Love Oddleif
  • patchmydead
    Default Avatar
    At first I thought the same as everyone else: "why lay down a hundred bucks for 4 releases I may have or just don't want?" THEN tonight I thought, "I shelled out over a hundred bucks to see the two Furthur Chicago shows and didn't know what I'd get...and think of those shows that I went to in 92 (2 at Deer Creek and 1 at Buckeye)- didn't know what I'd get then, but I shelled out the money.....and in all above instances, I was happy!" Maybe the subscription won't look so bad when you think of however many times you have bought tickets to a full run of shows (91 Garden/MSG, the last 2 Chicago shows, Red Rocks with Furthur, or the Alpine return shows).
  • SPACEBROTHER
    ....after missing out on the FW '69 box, I won't make that mistake again. Maybe they can start a box set subscription starting with the re-issue of FW '69 complete recordings with a different bonus disc.....;)
  • SPACEBROTHER
    I placed the preorder almost immediately and there appears to be no issues with the charges for me. I like the idea of a RTs subscription for a variety of reasons. I would purchase them seperately anyways so it's like killing 4 birds with one stone....and $95. 13 discs (3x4+1 bonus) of music for $95 comes out to roughly $7.31 per disc. Thats a pretty nice price in my book.
  • JackstrawfromC…
    And it only (sort of) describes 2 of the 4. "It's got no signs or dividing line and very few rules to guide"
  • allman
    Default Avatar
    Please read the subscription details on this site. It clearly states: "We're just putting the finishing touches on the next couple of Road Trips, and all we can tell you at this point is that they'll both be complete shows (with plenty of additional material to round out the 3-CD format!). "
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

That segue from Half Step into Dire Wolf on 11/20 is so unbelievably subtle and perfect. And then there's the rest of the show!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

on either 11/20 or 11/21 : - (
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

maybe on the bonus disk from 12/6?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

"They" can´t release a 3-CD-set "Denver 73" without the unique sequence from 11/21 "Half Step>Playin>El Paso>Playin>Wharf Rat>Playin>Morning Dew" followed by "Truckin>Nobody´s Fault". Can they? Sure they can.p.s.: Hi Helena, just love your comments!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I see RT 4.3 has now been announced. Anyone know, is this the one that will come with a bonus disc for early subscribers? I am psyched about his one - it will get a lot of play from me. Loud!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

...we get the big Dark Star>Eyes, but the disc is still chopped up segments of the concert. Sigh. I mean, it's all good, but why not just fill the disc up with the Dark Star>Eyes>Stella>Sugar Mag? I've heard a traders' tape and it sounds just fine. It's not like there's not a bazillion China>Riders out there LOL. Sorry, hasn't been enough bitching going on lately ;^D
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

...Here. ...Lovely. ...78 min. 9 sec. of bliss. XO
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 5 months

I'm a college student taking a music history class, and I have to write a paper on a band and how it has impacted the culture of America. I chose the Grateful Dead because I know that the band played a pivotal role in changing the way people reacted to music. I would love to chat with someone on their thoughts about this topic...